Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Taking the Plunge



Well, I have officially taken the plunge and I'll be going through some changes in the next few weeks. I am just hoping that my relationships with family don't suffer for it in the long run.

Interestingly enough, last night God really spoke to me about trust during my devotional time. I finally realized that deep down, I hadn't reached a level of trust that I thought I had; that some of my fears and insecurities about myself, about my future, are based on a lack of trust in God. That I have a certain lack of faith in that I don't really believe, in practice, that God knows what's best for me.

Realizing these things, I had to surrender more of myself to Him, and he blessed me with more faith in His provision and protection of and for me.

As long as I cling to Him, all is well.

Psalm 56:1-4

Be gracious to me, O God, for man has trampled upon me;
Fighting all day long he oppresses me.

My foes have trampled upon me all day long,
for they are many who fight proudly against me.

When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.

In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can mere man do to me?

No comments: