Sunday, May 23, 2004

Comments on desire



The quote I posted below really struck me, because lately, my desire for music (writing, creating, singing, anything!) has been stirred up more and more lately, and I realized through some God moments, that those desires are in His plans.

The direction my life has been taking the past couple of years in some ways had stifled that desire and passion, and a part of me was being stifled along with it.

Now, as I am making changes to pursue this desire for music, for creating, I am learning to listen to God's voice more and more as well. He is showing me that He gave me this desire for a reason.

I am still in the process of figuring out things; what God is teaching me, what my next step should be, how I am going to make that next step, etc. But even though certain aspects are scary and unknown, I am so much more at peace. I don't have to deny those desires to "do the right thing" or whatever. I just need to follow God's leading and learn to listen more and more, and see what God does.

I am so excited!

No comments: