Monday, January 22, 2007

Jumping off the cliff

Aaaaaahhhhh!

I am both excited and a little nervous about it, but we've decided to take the leap and move up to San Francisco (probably in August) and both pursue school fulltime. We took all day Saturday to talk, reconnect, and discuss the future. It was time well-spent and I think we both realized that this is the path we need to take, whether it may lead.

We both feel a lot of peace about living in the SF area, and in our choice of schools, etc. Nathan will be going to Ex'pression College for Digital Arts and I'm hoping to be able to get into San Francisco State (I'm still not 100% decided - and I'm not even totally sure I CAN transfer there yet - since I've got a little researching to do).

Nathan mentioned it to a trusted friend of his at church and his friend said that SF would be the best place for us to go. It was an awesome confirmation after a day of seeking and discussing.

In practical terms, I'm behind the curve in terms of applying to schools, which limits my opportunities for Fall, but even if I have to go to another Community College up there for a semester before transferring to a 4-year, I'll do it.

In terms of seeking financial aid, scholarships, loans, etc, IT'S ON! There's a lot to get put together in a relatively short amount of time, but it's all in God's hands. I'm trusting Him to work things out and I'm trying (somewhat successfully) to not run around like a chicken with my head chopped off.

It's crazy to think we'll be moving 6-7 months from now. And if I do go to SFSU, I could end up starting school the day after our first anniversary.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

All the best to you and your husband. I'm sure God will lead you guys in every step so even if you can't see the entire staircase, just take one step at a time and you'll get to the success God has planned for you guys. :)

Marieke said...

Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's exciting Marieke! You guys will be a bit closer to us--couple hour drive. I really like San Francisco and would love to live there.

Pastor Phil said...

Only one problem with your plan. You didn't choose the Boston area, and plan a move to Salem.

Grace on You and Nathan